View Single Post
Old 04-06-2004, 08:15 AM   #14
jeffk

Default Reading is not as easy.

While I like a lot of the new features and the general layout my primary use of the forum has been for READING a post. Previously the navigation was at the top of the screen and the message at the bottom. The screen didn't jump around or need repositioning every time I opened a message.

Now, If I use linear mode I can't easily tell what message a post is responding to. So I switch to hybrid or threaded mode. Now every time I select a message the screen jumps and I need to reposition it to read the message. I've poked around to see if I can anchor the thread list with the message list below so my screen isn't jumping around but so far I don't see how. I'll keep looking for a while.

As far as I am concerned this makes the forum significantly harder to browse. All the rest of the features are just great but not worth the cost. I used to be a daily reader. With this inconvienient display mode I will occasionally drop by to search for information but it's too annoying to deal with on a daily basis.
jeffk is offline   Reply With Quote