Thread: Local Radio?
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2017, 03:25 PM   #8
DRH

Quote:
Originally Posted by tis View Post
Really??? I knew them very well. I was sitting on my parent's porch and in high school when I first met him. He walked up in his Navy uniform and introduced himself telling me he was looking for a place for a tower for the new radio station he was going to start. Later Sharon and I played together on a women's basketball team and we went with the husbands for pizza after every game. They worked their butts off to create a local radio station and they did a good job in my opinion! Did you ever hear the radio station when they had it? They had an extended state, local and regional news report morning and noon. They really did work hard to cover all the local meetings and local news. I truly miss it and I know a lot of other people who do too.
I'm one of those who really misses the old, local, WASR. I listened to the station for several decades, and in the summer months I can remember the daily live weather and lake condition reports from the MS Mount Washington. I almost never listen to it now.