View Single Post
Old 08-28-2011, 01:17 PM   #14
Belmont Resident

Default Tilton B & B

Having been around for over 50 years and having many interactions with the law, I have lost all respect for people with a badge. (All the interactions were vehicle related)
Now remember one thing about respect before I proceed. Respect is something I was taught you earned not something that is automatically given to someone; regardless of weather they wear a badge.
Now if I’m approached and the officer turns out to be nice then I’m all for treating him with respect. But if he’s an arrogant a-hole like many are then I’m sure not going to have any respect for him. For instance we were at a concert at Foxboro and we asked a trooper for help deciding where we needed to park. He was the biggest a-hole I’ve ever met and in the end gave us the wrong information.
Not this year but the year before I called Laconia and asked about the Wiers bridge being closed. Cop says what do the signs say? To which I replied I’d heard the bridge was in fact open to all traffic. To which he proceeds to give me a hard time then hang up on me.
So we take measures to get to the marina the long way only to find out the bridge was in fact open to all traffic.