View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 08:13 AM   #9
chipj29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acres per Second View Post
1) Well, that is very interesting: it's previously been posted that only one SBONH member has been shared with Erica's-own NHRBA.

Fosters.com writes this excerpt:
http://www.fosters.com/apps/pbcs.dll...69/0/citnews02

Are those two among the missing?

2) In addition, below are items on NHRBA's own mission-statement from the website GraniteGrok.

3) In your consideration of the Erica's hugely-discredited NHRBA, how do these "talking points" differ from those of the brand-new SBONH?

NHRBA:

1) Issues of current laws not being followed or enforced (headway speeds, 150 foot passage rule),

2) lack of statistics showing [speed] is a problem,

3) personal responsibility vs insistence on personal rights (kayaking in the middle of the Broads).

4) The role of mandatory boating education classes and certifications.

5) Freedom vs encroaching Nanny Statism.

6) Cost of enforcement.

7) Different boats are built for different speeds.

8) Class envy.

9) Would removal of performance boats cut down the chop experienced by small craft?

10) Noise problems

11) Accidents in the state wholly due to speed in the State (not alcohol related)? Zero.

Other than jabbing sticks into quiet areas of New Hampshire law, I fail to see how SBONH has accomplished any mission separation from Erica's hugely-discredited NHRBA.

I honestly do not know the exact number of NHRBA members who are now members of SBONH. I would suggest you refer to SBONH for those numbers, if that info is availabile.

However, my main point was that SBONH gas NOTHING to do with NHRBA. And I stand behind that point.