View Single Post
Old 08-04-2020, 04:08 PM   #23
mswlogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by castlebreakfast View Post
Wow - and have you thought about maybe doing a vacation rental near the same spot so that you can enjoy the area still (though without owning anymore obviously)? That's what we have been talking about
We rented before we initially bought in 1986. My wife's parents rented her entire life (that is what introduced me to the lake life). Her dad always wanted to buy something but her mom refused, she was always worried about the burden of the extra work and cost of owning. They both loved the lake and were thrilled when we bought a place and visited often. They are both passed now.

After owning for 34 years I don't think we could go back to renting. It's not the same. We would go year round and cross country ski on the lake. We'd even go up for one day sometimes. We definitely would take all our vacation time in the summer though.

We did consider buying something just off the lake and getting/ renting a slip. But I know us, it would be too much "work" to go play. It needs to ready on short notice.

Honey, it's 7:30 let's go on the Hobie Kayak for the sunset. Even that took 20 minutes to get ready and sometimes we'd skip. My wife never liked being rushed. But I was happy with 20 minutes.

By the way you could rent the property out part of the time to help things financially. I personally never wanted to deal with renting. But I would/will if that meant the different of keeping it.
mswlogo is offline   Reply With Quote