View Single Post
Old 10-17-2017, 10:06 AM   #35
VitaBene

Thanked 1,601 Times in 821 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
I am always unhappy when i good local restaurant goes out of business. A couple of years ago a full time resident said it was tough for anyone to survive the winter unless they either had something unique like Woodshed, Lemon Grass or Kitchen ( very reasonable prices ) or a good bar scene like the Bob or Buckeys . lavinias to me didn't have either. Just a thought
Me too! In this case, Lavinias was a restaurant with good food and service when seated at the bar, after that it dropped off quickly... Stopped in during bike week this year for a good burger. It was not busy, no one at the hostess station, so we walked into the bar area and sat down at the high top closest to the bar. Manager came over and lectured us about coming into busy season, you need reservations, blah, blah (very condescending)... we left and went to the Woodshed instead. I only ate at Lavinias 4 or 5 times a year, but one of the people in our party was there often. Neither of us went back. I knew many regulars that felt that things had changed since the father was not involved.

The restaurant business is tough at best, customer service is paramount to success!
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote