View Single Post
Old 05-22-2009, 03:55 PM   #10
brk-lnt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
In my cold war life electronics (and underwater acoustics) is what I specialized in when I served in the submarine service. I was a sonar supervisor on a Fleet Ballistic Missile Submarine (U.S.S. James K. Polk SSBN 645). Now a-days I have a side business where I program (and service) many of the Motorola digital radios issued statewide the last decade, emergency vehicle electronics upfitting and auto/marine electronics. I have recently branched into point-to-point wireless and wifi installations. Currently have configured a point-to-point system and am starting to implement wifi throughout a major campground.

I have toyed off and on with the idea of offering mobile marine electronics service to the Lakes region, but I am still working out the logistics as this is an hour away from my main service area (Strafford & Rockingham counties).

I hope to bend Don's ear at forum fest about some potential advertising I may want to do via this website...seems to be plenty of potential customers here...

Anyway, I am working into this gig gradually as I still plan to do a few more years in my Government job....this is definitely not the time to retire!
On the wireless stuff, I have c-level contacts at Firetide, Azalea and Fluidmesh if you start looking at mesh topologies. I also have a distributor in Chicago that specializes in wireless (they are a disti for our cameras as well).

Funny you mention the marine electronics/upfitter biz. I was looking at a couple of properties with lake/dock access for a similar reason. We should talk...