View Single Post
Old 04-28-2019, 05:36 PM   #25
Dave R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal Coon View Post
Nice looking boat, Dave. Congratulations for making your dreams come true!! I would love to do the same thing eventually, when the time is right. I'm just wondering about a couple things if you don't mind. First, what is the fuel capacity, and the range on that boat, and I'm assuming it has a gas generator (?), and if so, was wondering what the fuel tank capacity is for that as well? Just wondering how many days in a row you could cruise without having to refuel. Also wondering what the fresh water holding tank capacity is? Does it have a 110/220 washer/dryer, or do you need to do laundry on shore somewhere? Just curious to know if it is completely self sustaining or not. Thanks.
It has 400 gallons of fuel capacity and a range of 300 miles at 25 knots to 1000+ miles at 8.5 knots.

It has an 8000 watt generator that runs off the same tanks as the main engines.

The water tank holds 140 gallons. It has 40 gallons of black water tank capacity. It has vacuflush heads so the black water tanks can be relatively small.

The boat is 120V only. At present, it does not have a washer/dryer but we plan to add a Splendide combo so we can wash clothes on board. We intend to line dry clothes, bu the Splendide will dry on 120 volts, if you don't mind waiting awhile...

My understanding is that it is good for a week for a couple until water is needed. The black water tanks can be emptied outside of no discharge zones. We may add a 120V 37 gph water maker to extend time away from water sources.

This is not an ocean crossing boat. It's made for coastal cruising and island hopping. That's precisely what we plan to do, so it's a good fit. We intend to cruise at 8.5 knots (10MPH) most of the time and open it up a couple of times a day to load the diesel engine up and blow out the soot. We like that we can run at 25 knots if needed to outrun weather or make a port before sunset when running late.

We plan to add 1000 watts of solar and some major electrical upgrades to keep generator use to a minimum and allow for world-wide shore power voltage. We also plan to upgrade the anchor from a 50 Lb CQR to a 73 lb Rocna Vulcan. The boat has three reverse cycle air conditioners, but we hope to avoid using them at anchor. The boat has reputation for good natural ventilation and it came with Sunbrella window awnings to keep the sun out and allow the windows to remain open in the rain. We hope it all works as planned. Having the ability to follow the good weather should help a lot.
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote