View Single Post
Old 04-26-2019, 02:24 PM   #21
Puffin

Yes, I have stern drives and agree they are not suited for the Ocean. When we make the move we will definitely go with inboards.

We've thought about Lake Champlain, if not for the season maybe for an extended vacation. Would be a little expensive to move my boat for just a vaca though.

We have friends that have the same exact boat as we have who made that move to Champlain last year. They lived in Hooksett at the time but found the drive to be to much for every weekend, they are now back on Winni.

We are from Central MA., our commute to the lake is 2 hours on a good day, 2.5-3 on busy weekends, to get to Champlain would be 4+ which is to much for me every weekend. I usually go up Friday afternoon and leave Monday morning and go straight to work. Gives me 2 solid days on the boat each week.

We do spend every single weekend on the boat from Iceout to end of October, as well as a week or two during the summer. The boat is very comfortable, you can easily do extended stays.

When we make the move to the ocean it will likely be the Rhode Island area, it's only a little over an hour from our home which would reduce travel time and you can still get to alot of great cruising grounds. Unless of course we sell the house and move onboard full time.

Cheers!
Puffin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Puffin For This Useful Post: