View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 07:29 AM   #14
lawn psycho

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipj29 View Post
...There is no doubt in my mind that any future legislation pertaining to speed limits will be a very difficult fight for the speed limit opponents.

Face it gang, stats don’t matter. There are more supporters than there are opponents, and as long as they continue to tell their stories of feeling safer, then the opponents don’t have a chance....
I think its going to always be a battle because WinnFlabs gets free benefit of the doubt. To those who don't own boats the idea of speed on a lake is not something they understand. My S-I-L was a classic example when the SL discussion came up. After a ride on the boat her comment was how in the world did they justify 45 MPH and "that's not that fast at all".

I suspect a SL will likely always remain but not 45 MPH. It's just too slow for a lake this size.

Alas, this is politics so perception trumps reality. I personally don't see this as a dead issue, not even close.

As I said before, I think WinnFlabs made a huge tactical error in not supporting SB-27 as that would have been very hard to get people to change the limits afterwards. Now everything is fair game