Thread: Summer Help
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2018, 12:25 PM   #68
baygo

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
In my school's town, there is a strong connection between businesses and student workers. The issue is that there is just so much time students have and, for most of them, the financial reward for sports, activities, and academic scholarships is greater than the money they can make in part-time jobs. Add to that the increased chances of getting into their chosen college(s) via the diversity offered by those activities, and it becomes a hard sell for students to work a lot.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
The world has change drastically in the passed two decades. Interest in sports is declining and in many cases a college degree is not worth the e-mail it was delivered by. Our youth are coming out of school with graduate degrees but unable to find employment to pay down their significant dept. If they don't enter the workforce and instead return to add to their degree they don't have to make payments.

I ask you as the educator to please just take one student and promote a solid entrepreneurial work ethic. I believe that student will build for four years and then be in position to provide jobs to those who choose to spend four years in accumulating dept in college.

Educators play lesser of a role in molding success today. The answer to every question is in the palm of our hands. We need coaches/counselors that motivate our youth to understand and take initiative.

If you want to study the entrepreneur, study the juvenile delinquent... the delinquent is saying with his actions "this sucks. I'm going to do my own things" Yvon Chouinard
baygo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to baygo For This Useful Post: