View Single Post
Old 03-12-2020, 04:17 PM   #90
JEEPONLY
Deceased Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iw8surf View Post
I want my kids to grow up in a mansion or mcmansion on the lake (what ever is the best I can provide), and not to be subjected to rusty nails, the mold/mildew and all the other things "old camps" had that we all grew up with. Isnt that what we all want? Our kids to grow up in nicer conditions than our childhoods allowed?
I thanked you for the fact that you want to give your kids everything you can possible afford.

One of my peeves is wondering why folks like you think that "old camps" are rusty, moldy, mildewy places. Some have been updated, yet kept up to the point of preserving the hands on, living on the land feel.

My kids looked forward to picking up all the pines cones and raking pine needles out of the way. Even though the plumbing and electrical have been updated, my kids got to experience the independence, and wonder, of figuring out what to do when things went wrong. They loved bunking together in small rooms, trading candies bought at places like The Old Country Store. They and their cousins spent time together bonding, making the whole family stronger. Their focus was on their experiences- not what they had/didn't have.

I think my family has provided the next generation with beautiful conditions for happy, healthy and experiential lives.

I guess "nicer conditions" is a state of mind!
JEEPONLY is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JEEPONLY For This Useful Post: