View Single Post
Old 03-08-2020, 07:19 AM   #59
Susie Cougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
I have search the site in so many ways but can't find out any information on the new (building for past year) McMansion on Alton Bay just off of first entrance to 11-D. I heard rumors about 10,000 sq ft but now looks like more. Heard once owned (maybe still does) by name of Nelson. But that is it. Can anyone help.

Thanks
Our original camp was about 700 ft.². My parents built their retirement home in 1963 and it was just under 3000 ft.². The word McMansion had not been invented yet, but I’m sure many people thought that’s what this house was.
Just like this house being built in Alton Bay today, my parents house was very unusual at that time. Believe it or not, the Moultonborough Historical Society actually called one day and wanted to know if they could come down and take a look around.
My parents worked very hard in life and this was their way of showing how successful they were. My parents retired nine years later at the age of 52. My mom lived in the house until five years ago when she died. My sister and her husband live there now. It is not a house that anyone talks about anymore.
Susie Cougar is offline   Reply With Quote