View Single Post
Old 09-03-2019, 06:50 AM   #30
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,147 Times in 894 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tummyman View Post
Since I pay my credit card bill on the day it is due every month and NEVER incur any interest charges, please prove to me that it is costing me money to collect the reward dollars. I will be very interested in your logic, as I firmly believe it has zero cost to me.....only gain.
My perspective is different. Credit cards are a last resort, not the first option.

Whenever I have service or trades people (who take credit cards) work for me I ask "Is there any discount for cash?". Quite often I have saved significant amounts of money. My plumber just took $100 off of a $700 bill. That is significantly more than the 3 to 5% rewards program that some credit cards offer. I had a good sized boat moved and they took $200 off of an $1,800 quote. Again, significantly more than the rewards programs that credit cards offer.

I have someone coming to cut down a tree. I got two quotes in the $1,000 to $1,200 range. I offered cash to a third person and he told me $600. Guess who got the job.

That is the reason for Cumberland Farms gas discount program if you let them debit your bank account immediately. They don't lose CC fees and they improve and speed up their cash flow.

Cash is King!
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote