View Single Post
Old 08-05-2009, 04:59 PM   #142
mcdude

Thanked 1,041 Times in 489 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dickie B from HB View Post
This picture might jog some memories. It was taken at Big Pier about 1961 (give or take a year).
Dick B.
Dickie B: That's a great photo!

BroadHopper "Lakeshore Park? Judging from the distance landscape, the first two pictures are scenes from North Beach. The third is from South Beach as I see Diamond Island at the very left.

Quote:
SteveA:
The first two are of what is now called Short Beach.. hard to place the third, but it looks like the area just to the left of Big Pier.

Amazing to see how much that beach section has changed. The beach in the photos is wider than the beach that is there now. The second picture shows what is the opening to the present marina.. (I think)
The first two pictures were taken just east of the marina entrance at LSP. The time frame was either the late forties or early fifties. The water that you can see crossing the beach at the bottom of the second picture is probably the outlet of the creek that drained into the lake. It was converted into the marina in '58 or '59. I remember the sailboat in those pictures was always there. In twenty years I never saw it off the mooring. The third picture looks to be earlier (early forties), and appears to be the boat ramp and the rental boats to the right of big pier.

Dick B.

Last edited by mcdude; 01-10-2012 at 05:39 PM.
mcdude is offline   Reply With Quote