View Single Post
Old 06-04-2009, 07:21 AM   #86
OCDACTIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
APS...

As usual your a more than little short on the facts.... We dont need to see a 2009 Citation to know exactly how the law works.

The way the HB-847 is written, there is NO set fine. If the person is found guilty, the fine is to be set by the presiding judge. This INSURES that both the MP Officer that wrote the ticket, and the person who recieved the ticket will have to appear in front of a Judge! The prosecutor may plea the case down to a small fine or driving class with no driving record infraction, etc as they see fit on a case by case basis to save the court time and money. They do this all the time with automotive speeding tickets.

I am also not confusing criminal court with civil court. A friend of mine got a speeding ticket and his court date was set for approximately 3 months after the date of the alleged violation. (I say alleged because he hasnt gone to court yet) Speeding tickets are a VERY LOW priority as far as the courts are concerned..... especially given the current budget crunch the courts are facing.

Woodsy
Hey Woodsy,

Do you know or are you able to post the details of the alleged speeding? location? what the officer said? etc etc?