View Single Post
Old 11-10-2017, 03:46 AM   #74
ApS

Cool Still Worth a Call...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatto Nero View Post
Unfortunately, that is not the case here. They did not put a value to the loss, they outright denied it because of the peril that damaged the dock, which they say was waves. And I don't think its a case of whether or not particular peril is covered or not. For the moment I'm going to assume that waves are not covered (still waiting for their version of the coverage language). It really revolves around which peril caused the loss. Was it, in fact, waves or was it the boat? I can say with certainty that if the boat wasn't there I would not have had the damage that I do. Here are some pics of both the dock and boat damage. https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B17GfnH8tGEVx1S
Granted, insurance would make your dock entirely "whole" again; however, structural damage seems to be limited, and the cosmetic damage can be cheaply homeowner-restored. (Then take pictures of your repairs, and wait for "Ice-Out").

Some of those missing panels are likely on shore nearby—and maybe that engine cover can be found in shallow water not far away; that is, if it wasn't found inside the boat.

If my dock was covered by insurance—which it isn't—I wouldn't have made a claim; indeed, I'd expect to pay "hiked" premiums for that damage over-and-over again in subsequent years.

Windstorm insurance coverage along SE Florida coastlines can run $15,000 a year!

Restoring long mooring lines can be costly. Would they be covered under your boat's policy?