View Single Post
Old 01-02-2019, 01:27 PM   #42
Biggd

Thanked 1,071 Times in 676 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2665 View Post
I partially disagree with the Azek comment. Yes it is not maintenance free but since it is not subject to expansion and contraction the result is you will have virtually no maintenance, maybe repainting once every 5-6 years at most
The same can be said for pressure treated wood at a much lower cost. It's just another option as some people do not like plastic trim.
The house I bought 5 years ago has barn board siding. Because of the snow sliding off the metal roof and piling up against the house the siding was rotted two feet up in the front and the back of the house. I didn't want to reside the whole house and I didn't want plastic siding because of rustic feel of the house. So I put 2-1/2 foot board and baton wainscoting, made from pressure treated wood, on the bottom of the house. I let it dry out and after about a month I stained it with an solid oil base stain. I know it will not rot but now my only question is how long before I have to stain it again. Only time will tell. Now I have to stain the rest of the house.

Last edited by Biggd; 01-02-2019 at 02:01 PM.
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote