View Single Post
Old 12-10-2016, 06:42 AM   #13
fatlazyless

Default ... environmentally correct disposal of anti-freeze?

Ok, so's with the coming cold weather, I finally got around to replacing the anti-freeze in my 85000-mile, three year old car the other day and I am pleased with the result; it went very good, and what would cost maybe $175 at a car repair service cost me just the price of the anti-freeze .....about $25. With the little Wal-mart, 88-cent, eye drop style tester, it had tested to minus-10 degrees with the old anti-freeze, and with the new antifreeze, it tests out to a lot colder....like minus-40 or so....with all five little balls suspended in the new anti-freeze in the tester.....plus new anti-freeze is good for the inside of the engine.

So's now .................................... how do I get rid of these two sturdy plastic, one-gallon containers of used anti-freeze?

If I were to ask Governor-elect Chris Sununu, age-42, who hiked the entire 2000-mile Appalachian Trail in 1998, what to do with my two plastic bottles of used anti-freeze here in Meredith, NH ..... what would he tell me, seriously?

I suspect I will have to hold onto them, and store them until the summer, July or August-2017, environmental hazards disposal day, at the Meredith town transfer station, is what I am thinking? On the other hand, it is tempting to just go put the bottle(s) into a plastic bag, and go stick it into an outside trash container at a gas station when buying gas, and let it be their problem.

Last edited by fatlazyless; 12-10-2016 at 07:29 AM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote