View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 07:40 PM   #18
winniplayhouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by CateP View Post
For me, I think volunteering at the Natural Science center in Holderness and being a backstage crew for the Winni Playhouse will garner me some good contacts.
We will absolutely welcome you (and anyone else who wants to get involved) with open arms! We are always looking for volunteers and have put together a nice little crew of locals who never thought they'd be involved in theatre, have no interest in getting onstage themselves, but have found that they enjoy swinging a hammer and using a paint roller. More than that, they have made new friends and found a fun little community to be involved with. Please stop by and introduce yourself when you're next in town!
If anyone else is interested but feel like you don't have the tool experience, we offer some free tech theatre workshops to get people interested and give them some experience. We have a number of retirees who now help build every set while openly acknowledging that they have always hired others for
odd jobs and painting around their own homes! We just launched a new website www.winniplayhouse.org which has all the dates and details for workshops.
winniplayhouse is offline   Reply With Quote