View Single Post
Old 03-27-2020, 08:37 PM   #61
StevenGilford

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinnisquamZ View Post
I do enjoy watching the presidents daily press conference. The team of experts inform the country of their progress against this virus and discuss the data available at that time. You should put aside your hatred and listen. Very informative

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
I listen every day.

I heard Trump say he thinks we can open by Easter because it's a "beautiful day".

In comparison, Dr Anthony Fauci (the actual expert on the briefing team) says "“You’ve got to be realistic, and you’ve got to understand that you don’t make the timeline, the virus makes the timeline. So you’ve got to respond to what you see happen, and if you keep seeing this acceleration, it doesn’t matter what you say, one week, two weeks, three weeks, you’ve got to go with what the situation on the ground is”

I have not seen any data that suggests that Easter is remotely feasible.

So if you are saying you base your decisions on data, why do you take Trump's word over the actual experts?

I can almost get on board with Major's assertion that Trumps claim is just an aspirational date to inspire calm and confidence. I completely disagree with him, and think Trump is simply delusional and offering up dangerous misinformation. But at least he isn't claiming that the Easter timeline is based on any actual data, or endorsed by experts.
The Following User Says Thank You to StevenGilford For This Useful Post: