View Single Post
Old 06-16-2016, 04:54 PM   #15
TheProfessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CateP View Post
and replaced it once or twice in the 50 years they lived at the house.

Any recommendations for washers that LAST?
Listen. Skip the expensive ones. There are basically two companies that make washing machines. GE and Whirlpool. Yes, there are Korean ones and European ones.

Skip the front loaders. I know they look pretty. Won't mention the class action lawsuit for all front loaders. (Mold)

I had to purchase both a washer and a dryer a few years ago. I went to the online sites HD/Lowes. I got the absolute cheapest top loader washing machine and matching dryer. I paid $600.00 for both (prices are up a tad now). Got an Admiral. A brand name that Whirlpool acquired when Whirlpool purchased Maytag. This Admiral is the exact same machine as the Whirlpool.
Basic machine that washes cloths. Same with dryer (it dries clothes). And as a bonus it has some different settings.

Be sure to skip any that use sensors to either wash or dry. One more thing that can go wrong. Also skip the touchpad models. When that goes kaput very expensive to replace.

Speed Queen does sound like a good machine. Never owned one. Speed Queen does have an interesting past. LINK
TheProfessor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheProfessor For This Useful Post: