View Single Post
Old 09-25-2014, 12:51 PM   #11
OleSmokey

Rusty, no secrets here other than I don't wish to name names...
I changed nothing...I left the first service station at 5:30pm, drove home, parked in driveway and then drove to second service station at 9am the next day. The first service station that "rejected" me did not take any of the 4 tires/rims off the vehicle. The second station that "passed" me took off all 4 tires/rims. Go figure! After being told that the brakes and brake lines needed to be replaced, I went home and checked my receipts from past work performed. This is when I confirmed that the brakes had been replaced along with brake lines, what i would consider a short time ago and a short amount of miles on the vehicle (7,000+).
My point in writing my original comment was to just state that it is a "buyer beware" environment out there. One must be careful....how many people would just say "ok, go ahead and fix it"....I'm not against fixing what is needed to be fixed (again, it had a valid rejection which was fixed) but don't want to shell out $1500.00 if it is really not needed. By the way, the first service station that rejected me never wrote up any documentation at all...just gave me verbal input...the second station gave me documentation that stated the reason for rejection.
OleSmokey is offline   Reply With Quote