View Single Post
Old 09-24-2014, 10:20 PM   #8
Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wynndog View Post
As I was a Pa. State certified safety inspection and emissions tech for 15 years, having my own business for 7 years.Pass/fail specs are the same in all of NH. What the variables are: Who is doing the inspection, and how they're business is run.You have class A,B,C & D techs.One w/ a state license should do the inspection.Usually a C or D does inspections, especially at a larger garage like a dealership.It would be similar to a specialized Dr. seeing you for a cold instead of the family Dr.$$$$ Now usually a class D just does tires & oil changes, but being shorthanded or letting someone do on the job training to move up, the D tech might do an inspection, and a different one would write up the sticker. Reality, not legality; yes. Everything perfect where you work?
Also if a brake thickness fail is 2/32nds of an inch and yours are 3/32nds; some inspection stations will ;
Fail you, it's hard to prove your total brake pad is 1/32 off.
Or,worn you they just pass and let you decide if you want them done there, so you don't have a chance to shop $$,or make another inconvienent appt.
Or tall you they should be done in 500- 1000 miles.
This is why you should have techs you can trust, like a Dr. Dentist. Acct. etc.
You are not shopping for milk at Shaws vs Hannefords.Your life is at stake here.Plus when you need a tire or oil leak checked and you are a committed customer, your tech will help without making an appt. in 3 days, and probably do it for free.
Good comments and I understand there are variables to consider when checking brakes. However if one Inspection Station fails them and it is on the report, how can another Inspection Station pass the brakes. The report is sent to the DOS and they have the original failure and then will get the final report.