View Single Post
Old 12-14-2017, 08:15 AM   #94
Biggd

Thanked 1,070 Times in 675 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsmlp View Post
"I solved my tax problem. I sold my high valued, high taxed property and moved into a "lower valued" property. Now I have 3 times the housing space and 5 times the land. I pay half the taxes and my appraisal even went down a bit this year. So for all you highly valued property owners paying "more" than your share of taxes, THANKS for your contribution! I was one of you. Now I'm happy to say I'm not."

So the answer to higher property tax is to move into a less valuable property? Personally, I want MORE as I get older not less. I thought that's what we work for.

My property tax in Moultonboro has more than doubled over the past 20 years as has the value of my property. Good! My standard of living is improving.
I don't know how old you are but I'm 63 and I need less as I get older. Material things just don't mean as much anymore. Friends and family are more important than ever now. Having more just complicates life.
I have the funds to buy what ever I want but now I only buy what I need. I find I have too much now and want to get rid of things. That's my goal over the next few years as I move into retirement mode. A different mind set comes with getting older. I'm done with the accumulation faze. I see my children going through that now. They have sooo much crap they can't move!
That's why storage facilities are popping up everywhere.

Last edited by Biggd; 12-14-2017 at 08:45 AM.
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote