View Single Post
Old 03-06-2016, 11:22 AM   #5
fatlazyless

Default ...... such a steal-of-a-deal!

For what seems like a bargain basement, steal-of-a-deal price.....this recent last December....I got through craigslist-nh from a fsbo seller for $6000 an 18 1/2' 1997 Maritime Skiff center console, amazingly so complete with a very solid looking aluminum tee-top, and a dark blue Sunbrella stand-up enclosure that just totally encloses the center console and tee-top ....along with a '97 Mariner 75-hp two stroke, and an old beater trailer with home made bunks. Supposedly, the price started out at $10,000 maybe 8-months earlier, and as time went by, the price got worn down. When I saw it in December, it had an asking price of $7000.

See you out there ...... and cannot wait for ice out!

Maybe I will name it the 'Steal-of-a-Deal'? And, then again ...... maybe not? And, will today's bargain become tomorrow's headache .... time will tell?

Here's a question: If I was to remove the 75-hp Mariner two-stroke, and replace it with a 2002 Suzuki 70-hp four-stroke that I already own ...... how doable is this in terms of electrical connections? For lifting the motors on and off, I figure I can make a teepee stand with three 12-ft 2x4's and a come-along lifter or a winch...but am not very sure about the wiring hook-up compatibility?

Supposedly, www.maritimeboats.com are made in Dover, New Hampshire ....... where ever that is ........ and I am very surprised my boat was actually built here in New Hampshire ........ who knew that NH has a boat builder?

Last edited by fatlazyless; 03-06-2016 at 03:41 PM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links