View Single Post
Old 08-29-2018, 09:26 AM   #12
Onshore

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenGilford View Post
Thanks for the clarification. My questions are in relation to a property we are purchasing. The property has a 30' u-shape dock with 3 slips. With the definition of a slip as being 20' long, I think the answer is yes - In theory a boat and a jetski lift could fit.

So it sounds like we are at the same final answer from Rosemary: With 3 approved slips, the property could have 3 boats plus 2 jetski lifts (placed together, away from the dock, not closer than 20' from the edge of the property).

Thanks for your help!

Do you mind if I ask another question? In place of 2 x jetski lifts, would it be permissable to use mooring whips, installed on a retaining wall at the lake edge (away from the dock, not closer than 20' from the edge of the property)?
Yes, the same answer just more of the backstory on how to get there. Yes, unless there is some very specific condition in the permits issued for the existing structures, you can use the whips instead. Such a condition would be highly unusual but you should always check. The biggest advantage of the whips is that no permit is required for the whips while a permit would be required for the lifts.
Onshore is offline   Reply With Quote