View Single Post
Old 08-29-2018, 09:10 AM   #11
StevenGilford

Quote:
Originally Posted by shore things View Post
Could you, in the absence of an alternative, squish those lifts in adjacent to the existing docking structure? Several years ago the Department accepted that for most property owners the answer to this would be, yes. Rather than continue to pursue property owners whose legally approved lifts slowly migrated away from the dock to have them put back the Department accepted the practicality of the situation and adopted this rule, which very specifically limits the number of lifts to 2. It should be noted that rule quoted is not an approval standard or a design criteria but rather specifies how the project is classified; as a minimum impact project. The specified 2 lifts are the theoretical ones that the Department accepted every landowner could fit in adjacent to their dock. The Department accepts that those 2 lifts can be moved a distance from the dock and not undermine the intent and purpose of Rule Env-Wt 402.13. That said, if there are any PWC lifts adjacent to the dock, then these lifts off to the side are not approvable unless you have the frontage to support the number of slips requested. Sorry for leaving this out the first time.
Thanks for the clarification. My questions are in relation to a property we are purchasing. The property has a 30' u-shape dock with 3 slips. With the definition of a slip as being 20' long, I think the answer is yes - In theory a boat and a jetski lift could fit.

So it sounds like we are at the same final answer from Rosemary: With 3 approved slips, the property could have 3 boats plus 2 jetski lifts (placed together, away from the dock, not closer than 20' from the edge of the property).

Thanks for your help!

Do you mind if I ask another question? In place of 2 x jetski lifts, would it be permissable to use mooring whips, installed on a retaining wall at the lake edge (away from the dock, not closer than 20' from the edge of the property)?
StevenGilford is offline   Reply With Quote