View Single Post
Old 07-15-2021, 09:43 AM   #90
gillygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCR-700 View Post
Interesting how very quickly the conversation changes from a concern about open carry to having a gun at all. Re; "'no weapons' sign" as opposed to no open carry.

Again this is why we can rarely have reasonable discussions about such matters. The parties too often go to opposite corners, and then revel their true feelings on the matter.

So in the end it is not sufficient to hide your gun, we are back to the you cannot have a gun at all or someone else will "feel" uncomfortable.
It’s not as if the sign is saying you can’t have a gun at all, just not while you’re in that establishment. It’s every business’s right to determine what they will and will not allow in their establishment, just as it is your right to own a gun.

I grew up in suburban Boston having never seen a gun. When I moved to a semi-rural area and saw some hunters caring their shotguns out of the woods, I was startled initially, but then realized it was perfectly normal there. When I saw my first open carry, I remembered I was in Florida…perfectly normal there. Sometimes it just takes people time to adjust.

As for drama, don’t you think your long posts add to it?

Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app