View Single Post
Old 02-18-2021, 09:07 PM   #121
Don McWhirter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue Doe-Nym View Post
That is shocking, if true, that the DES has been made aware of lake pollution by the camp, and has done nothing....in fact, it’s almost unbelievable!
This will be short but sweet and it has a happy ending. In the Spring of 2017 I was tipped off by a staff member at Camp Belknap . I was told the director of the camp had the sewage lagoon emptied into the surrounding land. I found this to be true and called the Sub Surface Division of the DES. They were to send an inspector out. When I didn’t hear from them I called again. I was informed they called the camp and were told there was maintenance being done on the pipes. Months later I reported the incident to the Lake Winnipesaukee Association. They put the lagoons on a watch list. As I said happy ending, the camp installed two new septic systems thanks to the Lake Winni Assoc. As for the stomach viruses and conjunctivitis outbreak, they were all reported to me and others by camp employees. It really is about the money not the kids at Belknap.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Don McWhirter For This Useful Post: