View Single Post
Old 01-31-2021, 08:08 PM   #36
LoveLakeLife

Yours was a great post also. I enjoyed reading it. Well reasoned with good analogies. I respect your opinion too. You’re affable, sincere, polite, and we disagree. [emoji3].

You loath guns but to your credit would take up arms if called into service. I think most people would hate to have to use one but in the defense of self or others it’d be a handy device.

I will definitely get the vaccine because it is a vaccine. If it were mandated by government I would get it because it is a vaccine. Government plays a valid role in public health by the democratic with the consent of the government. Not by an unconstitutional edict by a rogue power hungry governor.

People can wear masks or helmets or burkas for decades if they like. I don’t care. To some people a mask for twenty years would arguably be better than a ventilator for twenty hours. To others not so much. It was the initial and continuing overreaction combined with the pedantic, paternalistic, condescending, self-satisfied, attitudes of people who have been proven to have had no idea what they were talking that riled and riles freedom loving citizens.

The gloves, the disinfectant wipes, etc. All of it silly and people who just wanted to be in the club blindly following the blind.

The government can’t mandate staying at home. There’s a constitutional right to freedom of movement. Non-diseased people can’t be quarantined. It’s false imprisonments. Like that nonsense when Governor Patrick told everyone to stay home while the Boston bombers were being fought just because he liked to say “shelter in place.” lol. Absolutely unenforceable and laughable thing to try and do.

If everyone in the world had stayed home for a month the virus would still have spread. It’s a virus. That’s what it does. It’s from where the phrase “going viral” comes. Viruses win at hide and seek. They need to be endured until a vaccine can be injected in enough people to make the dent. Thankfully that’s where things are. It will be wonderful if summer comes and we are almost at the finish line.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLakeLife For This Useful Post: