View Single Post
Old 01-03-2021, 07:26 PM   #18
Winilyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravy boat View Post
Well, an easy solution for those who don't wish to chance running into someone not wearing a mask is to order curbside pickup so you don't have to go inside until you get the vaccine. Thankfully the vaccine is here so those at risk can get the vaccine and not worry any longer.

Hubby and I will be at the back of the line -- low risk, healthy, wear masks when required. We also sanitize, which I don't see many doing any longer. Others need the vaccine more than us so we will not rush to get it.

I've been wondering:

]Will those who get vaccinated stop wearing masks and no longer worry about those who do not wear masks?
And will the vaccinated not worry if others choose to not be vaccinated?

We are told the vaccine is close to 100% effective. Therefore, masks can be shed and life will return to normal...
There remains uncertainty regarding whether a vaccinated person can still contract COVID and transmit it (even though they themselves won't get ill). Unless that possibility is scientifically disproven, I think people will continue to be encouraged to wear masks. Even if that is not disproven, after more time passes, herd immunity should come into play and with that, I think, masks go out the window.