Thread: New to Winnie
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2019, 11:04 PM   #3
kawishiwi

Default ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillcountry View Post
There’s a forum member here called “kashawiwi”
He is the resident bass expert. Good luck!
FAKE NEWS!
I am a loooong way from being an expert.

I have not fished Wolfboro area at all. Much of my fishing requires trolling motor & sonar to do well.
But you are not far off for a couple days casual fishing. Boat control & positioning are going to be a challenge.
I suggest you tour the area before tossing a lure & note areas with a larger amount of weeds, boulders that can cast a shadow, & boat docks, etc. Focus on the areas that have the most of these. If you can get a good drift going I suggest you fish fairly fast to start. Spinner baits retrieved fast and just under the surface in water 10' ft or less can call bass up & you can cover a lot of area. Half ounce double willow blades work well for this. This is better early. Topwaters can work too but work fast until you find a few fish. Again better early. Later in the day dropping a 'wacky' worm next to boulders, docks, weeds should get a few buts its slow going. Any slow sinking worm should work as well.
I am sure there will be a bunch of other ideas forthcoming & you should consider them as well.
Let us know how it goes?