View Single Post
Old 11-13-2016, 07:56 AM   #1
fatlazyless

Default Age-65 ski free Cannon Mtn

Turning 65 a couple months ago supposedly makes me eligible to ski, totally for free, at the super duper Cannon Mountain on non-holiday Mon-Tues-Wed-Thurs-Fri. Cannon is owned by the State of NH, and last year there was some movement in the legislature to change this freebie for seniors policy.

Honestly, it seems hard to believe, and I will not really believe it until I get my free day pass, and am skiing the legend, skiing Cannon.

With Chris Sununu winning the recent governor's election, it seems possible and perhaps plausible this free ski Cannon policy could be changing sometime soon. With this in mind, one can get a photo season free pass for $29, the photo pass processing fee or something, and hopefully cement the pass for the season.

Who knows what will happen to the free Cannon skiing ..... only time will tell.... but it seems very unusual.....I mean.....does it take incoming money to operate a ski area? Best to go get that freebie pass while it is still doable ....... and let someone else cover the ski area costs! Does Bernie Sanders and the State of Vermont have a similar freebie ski area......do not think so?

So, with all these moldy oldies using Cannon for free on weekdays, the base lodge area and the bar lounge must resemble a nursing home or something??????

Not too surprising if I bump into Hillary!