View Single Post
Old 10-18-2011, 06:29 AM   #22
Belmont Resident

Default compare?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
The Lowes in Gilford has no competition as far as I can see so they'll probably be fine. I hope they don't close... the thought of having to go down to the Tilton Home Depot every time I need something is too terrifying to think about.
Have you ever actually compared Lowes to Boulia Gorrell? The wood is of a much higher quality and usually as cheap if not cheaper, their screws, nails and misc hardware are generally CHEAPER than at Lowes or HD. When you buy plumbing supplies you might get the copper pipe cheaper at Lowes but all those fittings are usually priced higher than a local hardware store will sell them for. Yes on power tools you might save some but good luck getting technical support. Most of those working at Lowes or HD have little or no knowledge of what they are selling.
I believe if you compared instead of just automatically assuming that everything is cheaper just because of one of two things you might be surprised.
On top of that you support local business owners who tend to spend that money in the local community. I do go in quite often when it’s easier, not cheaper, just to pick up drywall mud or a small tool or fitting (but usually it’s for a job and the customer is paying not me and it’s cheaper than driving the extra 15 minutes).
On Monday thru Friday the place is empty.
I’d not miss Lowes one bit if they closed down.
Besides, then maybe a Market Basket would occupy the empty spot then that would be a big boost to the local economy.
Honestly take some time one day compare prices and I believe you will be surprised.
Belmont Resident is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Belmont Resident For This Useful Post: