View Single Post
Old 07-30-2009, 08:33 PM   #50
Airwaves

Originally posted by NightWing
Quote:
Not true. Public record requests from the nosy public are not just handed out by anyone. I assure you that any document released would be screened for sensitive information and blacked out appropriately. This document would be handed out with the approval and review of a supervisor.

Again, any questions about policy...293-2037.
NOSY public?

No, that is not how it works. It's how LEOs would like it to work but it's not how it works.

Anyone can walk in off the street and ask to see the PUBLIC RECORD, the radio dispatch log book and reports filed by LEOs. Unless those reports are involved in an ongoing investigation or litigation they are public record and NOSY public can obtain them. I don't need a dispatcher telling me or anyone else what FOIA is or is not! Even the recordings of the 9-1-1 calls, the radio transmissions between the vessel and dispatch are PUBLIC record!

My point is that you suggest the MP does not have the manpower to run routine checks when a boat is stopped.

If that is true then why does the MPO need the SSN, or in this case threaten with arrest a person for not giving his SSN to the MPO?

If MP has the manpower to redact a report filed by an MPO requested by the public then it is reasonalbe to say they have the manpower to run a criminal check during a boat stop to protect their officers!

If they don't run the information (SSN) during a stop then is not necessary for the MPO to request it. If they run it (SSN) OTA then it puts the person at risk for ID theft.

As I posted prior, this is a case of BWMPOB! Nothing unusual. My objection is the demand under threat of arrest of his SSN!

Last edited by Airwaves; 07-30-2009 at 08:44 PM. Reason: BWMPOB
Airwaves is offline   Reply With Quote