View Single Post
Old 07-27-2017, 02:09 PM   #13
rsmlp

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC2717 View Post
i was educated that about sometime between 5-10 years ago manufacturers started to include swim platforms in the length of the boat, used to be normal practice that the boat itself would be the length then the swim platform was added on, but not included in actual production length
So my neighbor has a '07 FW 260 H and doesn't really have a swim platform per se as it is integrated in the boat but it is about 2' in length thereabouts. His boat is def longer than my '14 260 not considering my platform but maybe by about a foot or so if you measure from tip of bow to end of "usable" boat. I lost a capacity of one person (from 14 to 13) so you can make your own mind up. Gauging from performance , style and look, I'll take my '14 but certainly caveat emptor re length.
One last point, the difference if safety margin of my '14 to older models cannot be overemphasized. I was crazy careful with my five kids as they were in their formative ages when we had the '02. NOT a terribly safe design and now you'd have to go out of your way to have an accident with the outdrive NOT that I would council anything but extreme caution when operating these boats. We've all read the heartache and danger that accompanies anything but total vigilance.
rsmlp is offline   Reply With Quote