View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 08:21 AM   #12
sa meredith

Default 6.0

[QUOTE=Belmont Resident;170384]I own a 2004 F-350 SD Diesel, with over 5K in warranty work in the first 3 years alone.
Rust thru on the body for the second time with it being cab corners now.
Fuel injectors, fuel pumps, drive shafts just to name a few of the REPEAT problems, and now it’s fuel injectors, fuel injector control module and turbo and the truck only has 115K on it. For a diesel that’s just barely broken in.

2004 was, unfortunately, a TERRIBLE year for Ford diesels. I assume you have an early generation 6.0, as Ford stopped using the well like 7.3 that year.It got so bad that FMC subtracted all customer satisfaction surveys for 6.0 diesel owners from our CSI ratings. The customers poor feedback was not held against our dealerships ranking.
Ford also sent us a TSB stating that we must start every diesel once a week, and let them run 20/30 minutes...every week. Tough year for Ford diesels, 2004. But, great year for the Red Sox!
Broad hopper ...she probably would not have a new vehicle just yet. Lemon law with regard to replacing a brand new vehicle is long, tedious, and paperwork intensive. Usually ends with factory reps flying in and finding the problem.I assume you purchased it brand new. If it was used, even still under warranty, different deal all together.

Last edited by sa meredith; 10-13-2011 at 11:10 AM.