View Single Post
Old 07-31-2019, 06:59 AM   #266
Cal Coon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApS View Post
Our dock hasn't been "covered"—ever! Even the strongest of storm winds don't break over this dock. Wish I knew the builder—he knew what he was doing. He also built my neighbor's dock, but it was removed when it couldn't meet permitting when the one-acre property was sold. The acre was split to build two maxed-out house permits—plus a "shared" septic system.

Yes, the lake is unseasonably high. Last weekend, the lake's biggest boats crashed their wakes into the shoreline to pull winter's (normal) muddy footprint into the lake. Lake water came out of the tap darker than I've ever seen it.

It's cleared now, but the invisible "nutrients" of the lake's many lakeside lawns were also "flushed" from the shoreline. As all should know by now, lawn nutrients—namely, Phosphorus and Nitrogen—encourage the growth of algae and exotic milfoil.

Oversized boats may make life gentler for an aging population of boaters, but who would support any oversized mono-hulls—which are speeding Lake Winnipesaukee to an eutrophic end.
So maybe ALL the "lakeside lawns" should be banned. Get rid of them before they turn the lake into a swamp!! It doesn't matter anyways, according to some, who shall remain nameless for the sake of going off topic, say that the world as we know it is coming to an end in 12 years anyways!! So we might as well "live it up" while we can...

Last edited by Cal Coon; 07-31-2019 at 11:04 AM.
Cal Coon is offline   Reply With Quote