View Single Post
Old 01-17-2021, 12:26 PM   #1
jeffk

Default Dehumidification and air filtration installers

I am looking to get a dehumidifier and air cleaning unit installed, mostly for the basement but possibly for the house as well. I have tried using a stand alone dehumidifier but it keeps erroring off because the humidity/temperature is too low. Unfortunately, it is still humid enough to cause mustiness. The unit works OK in the higher humidity & temperatures of summer but not reliably in the spring or fall.

I believe the installed units are more capable of dealing with this problem, automatically resetting if conditions are not OK. I have also realized that while I have a window air conditioner that keeps the house comfortable in summer, I am mostly using it to lower humidity, not cool. I have been opening the basement door and placing fans to circulate air and allowing the dehumidifier in the basement get rid of some of the humidity in the house and it works so-so. Putting a dehumidifier in the house would drive up the temperature (not a problem in the basement). Further, I have low grade allergies and think I would be more comfortable if the air was filtered.

I want to talk with a reliable HVAC installer to get an idea of options and costs. Suggestions?

Thanks!
jeffk is offline   Reply With Quote