View Single Post
Old 06-05-2015, 10:19 AM   #10
Woodsy

LI...

I think the Lake as a whole is a VERY safe place. That being said there is some room for improvement.

1. The 150' rule needs to be taught a little differently. Its a great rule, BUT... VERY few people can accurately judge distance on the water. People need to calm down a little! This rule needs to be looked at in spirit of why it was written... its more of a guideline. Just stay a good distance away from another boat while on plane. I don't get to worried about it unless they get within an a few boat lengths (50' or so). NH is the only state that has this rule regarding boat vs boat situation.

2. Understanding the Basics of Navigation... The Boater safety course covers it, but nobody pays attention to it. There should be an emphasis on ROW and crossing situations.... As I explained to my GF... you have red and green lights on your boat for a REASON!

3. ROW to skiers & tubers... I agree that people need to give more room, BUT the people tubing and skiing need to recognize that doing those activities in the middle of a busy area is not really a smart thing to do... Last year saw a family pulling kids on a tube... IN THE MIDDLE OF MEREDITH BAY! Ummm... hello???

4. You cant fix stupid....

5. See #1 above

6. I came around to being a big supporter of a nighttime limit. Although I still think the daytime 45 limit is absurd. I don't see the MP being Draconian about enforcement. If they do, you can expect a push for change...

Woodsy