View Single Post
Old 06-25-2011, 06:24 PM   #109
lawn psycho

Let's break this down.

Key West is a perpetual tourist machine. 365 days per year. Comparing Key West to Laconia is just silly. I don't care if you like Key West or not but its waaaay different in terms of crowds and logistics. You do realize how geopgraphically isolated it is I hope.

You have business people on this forum wanting to subvert basic decency to make a buck. I'd rather take my money elsewhere. Open area drinking, ignore loud pipes, turn a blind-eye to flashing? And people wonder why I would *GASP* call anyone white trash? Oh really?

Did anyone read what Sue-Doe-Nym posted? The Bike Week crowd will typically scoff at anyone who mentions the negatives of what it does to the area.

As more and more development around the lake occurs, the Bike Week proponents better watch out as that is what will cause a displacement of the event.

Boaters are prevented from rafting and freakin' anchoring within 150 ft of shore in several nice areas of the lakes. The Lakes Region businesses but get with the program and fight this kind of crap.

I have many choices where to spend my recreational dollars. I have grown weary of what the lake has become. I believe this will be my last year at Winni as we've found better boating options.

My family spends a fair amount of money at Winni each year for "sta-cations". Will it cause the area to collapse when we leave the lake, certainly not. However to any business owner that reads this, those dollars may now flow to someone other than you