Thread: Cost of fuel...
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2022, 07:22 PM   #73
mswlogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
You realize that everything before and after "install solar at $18k" is worthless, right?

Something like 60% of Americans would be wiped out by a thousand dollar expense.

The increase in fuel, food, clothing, etc. costs are going to force hundreds of thousands from middle class to lower class status.

What percent of Americans can afford $18k?! And, if they'd have to take a loan out in order to do so, or not pay off other loans in the process, your ROI is directly affected.

True story: I was at Market Basket last week and the guy next to be bought two rolls of toilet paper even though the 4-pack was on sale for 25% off because he only had enough in his budget for two rolls. Extrapolate that to all areas of life, and therein lies the glitch.

THAT'S most of America.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Like I said. If you can’t afford it. You lease. That’s what all the Solar calls are and guy in the Home Depot store is selling. Zero out of pocket. You will pay less for electricity and over time it will save you more. My friend did that and they put in a whole new service for free. If system doesn’t produce enough juice. Say in winter the roof is covered. They PAY him a check to give the electric company to pay his bill !!

Anyone that is considering Solar probably owns a home to put the Solar on.
I suspect most home owners could afford it.

It’s one of the best purchases I’ve ever made.

I have to laugh when anyone tries to argue against it. Just ridiculous. Like it’s a crime or something.

If you get a full Tesla setup (Solar and EV) it will time the charging of your car to when you are over producing on Solar. (Saves that 25% on NetMetering). Since the EV is fairly flexible of when it gets filled.