View Single Post
Old 02-19-2022, 01:05 PM   #27
John Mercier

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachee52 View Post
If I remember correctly, when the speed limit was put into affect, the chief of MP at that time did say that he was against the speed limit. Mostly because he said that less than 1% of boating accidents in NH had to do with speed. there were other reasons.
I too am, and was back in the day, on the side of leave the Broads no speed limit and keep the bays with a limit.
And there are are roads in the North West where my friend was stationed that had speed that said "at your own risk". And I'm sorry, but 93 is pretty much no speed limit at times.
Also when I was younger, there were way more MP boats on the water and they did pull people over for the 150' rule. I witnessed it many times.
Everyone isn't going to be happy with any rule that anyone suggests. This is one reason I don't live in a Condo. I might agree with a rule but don't tell me that I can't do it
Tim (Captain of MP) was opposed because the system is not accurate unless being approached or following a vessel at a specific angle. That is much different than the highway or trails where a LEO or CO can position themselves more easily to the angle of oncoming traffic.
John Mercier is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to John Mercier For This Useful Post: