View Single Post
Old 04-07-2021, 09:33 AM   #36
XCR-700

Default Live free or Die it used to mean something

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
On December 20, 2019 the President signed the legislation raising the federal minimum age of sale of tobacco products from 18 to 21-years.

Seven months later, on July 29, 2020 Governor Chris Sununu signed House Bill 1245 which increased the age from 19 to 21 to purchase, sell or possess tobacco products here In New Hampshire.

So, what will happen with the new federal safety lanyard law? I don't think Gov Sununu will see a need for it and will ignore it similar to how NH treats the federal seat belt law for cars. New Hampshire loses out on maybe 5-million dollars in federal highway funds every year by not having a seat belt law, and could also lose out on federal funding for boating and water safety by ignoring this new safety lanyard law.

We don't need the feds telling us to go wear a seat belt or go wear a motor boat lanyard ...... live free or die! .... bah humbug! ....

After all, it is the principal and not the money that really and truly matters! ..... live free or die! ... bah humbug! .... ... blah-blah-blah!
Why worry about Fed money, you dont really want to spend it. Then you might have to expand roads and docks, make the lakes region AND Winnipesaukee more accessible and useful to visitors.

Better to roll back funding and revert to wilderness. Ban houses from being withing a mile of lake, and put a fence around it with a gate only wide enough to carry a row boat through. Limit the number of row boats to 1 at a time.

No need to live free, you can become Taxichussetts North, add some excise taxes, income taxes, some sales tax. Make NH a sanctuary state and you folks can pay the tab for all the people that they can ship to live in your hotels. Maybe adopt some of Bloombergs ideas like bailing our convicted criminals to go vote, banning big gulps to ensure no one ever gets past a government mandated weight, spread your wealth to others, and so on. Isnt that much better than what you have today.

Its easy, just drink all the kool-aid the politicians and the media offer, and soon you will be mixing the kool-aid and serving it yourself.

Forget about Live free or Die,,, NH can become the next Bronx or Brockton or Watts.

Isnt that much better than actually adhering to the concept of Live free or Die,,,

Edit - addition; Just to be clear, please dont take any of this as in anger from me or hostile. This is just a forum, real life happens off the keyboard. And as opposed to some perspectives I LOVE visiting Winnipesaukee, and the various waterfront towns and hope to see people there with their boats and families and shopping and eating at Sawyers and such and enjoying themselves. And if I could, I would happily turn the clock back to 1960/70 something and the days of 20' runabouts with 2 cycle outboards or Jet drives with rooster-tails and above the waterline exhaust - and pinball arcades and so on. We are here now and must live with progress. But I dont have to agree with progress or like someone elses vision of a perfect Winnipesaukee. We all have our preferences and we all struggle to hang onto what we enjoy. Hopefully what we enjoy doesnt clash too much with someone elses preferences, and where it does, I hope we can find a way to avoid too much heartburn over it. Oh, and I dont like lanyards, but I dont oppose them being installed at the factory ;-) ATB

Last edited by XCR-700; 04-07-2021 at 11:38 AM. Reason: Enjoying the rant too much
XCR-700 is offline   Reply With Quote