Thread: Water quality
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2019, 05:17 PM   #31
Cal Coon

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthesaukee View Post
I'm the son of a Marine, once a Marine, always a Marine.

My friend is not a Marine in Vietnam, he was a Marine in Vietnam (stationed in Vietnam, and other locations).

I saw him a couple of weeks ago, and as we parted company, I wished him a "happy birthday" a few weeks early. Semper Fi to him, and to you Cal Coon. ��

Dave
(For anyone who cares...), USMC was founded (in a bar of all places!!! Go figure...), on November 10, 1775 - Tun Tavern, Philadelphia, PA. / First to fight. The President's own. OOOH RAH!!!!! Not going off topic here... Kind of a coincidence that this would come up under the "water quality" thread, since I keep getting notices from Uncle Sam about the poor water quality at Camp Lejeune from 1953 to 1987. They keep telling me that the US Govt will be kind enough to cover any costs of medical illnesses related to the poor water quality at Camp Lejeune for all those Marines that were stationed there between 53 to 87. I was there in 85 and 86. Good health so far... Nice to know that the Govt will be there to take care of me if, and when, I need them... (cough, cough!!) Jet fuel, and chemicals from a dry cleaning company, and God knows what else, were leaking into the drinking water for all those years. All of a sudden, Winnipesaukee water quality doesn't seem that bad...

Last edited by Cal Coon; 11-01-2019 at 10:35 PM.
Cal Coon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cal Coon For This Useful Post: