View Single Post
Old 09-02-2019, 03:45 PM   #11
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,153 Times in 900 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion View Post
I rarely use cash. Maybe 6 times a year, if that. Everything I buy, I use a credit card or phone/watch (ApplePay) to pay. The main reasons are two. It's a lot quicker and I get cash back (2% to 6%) every month (about $800 total last year). I pay no fees, I have no coins weight down my shorts, and all my transactions are recorded for my later review. All my cards get paid off every month automatically by debit from my bank account. I'm actually amazed how many establishments accept payment by tapping my phone or watch on the cashier display. Quick tap and I'm out without waiting for someone to count out my change.
How do you tip at the gas dock?

How do you tip at a restaurant?

If you have someone perform a service at your home like cut down a tree or make a repair do you ever ask if there is a discount for cash?

Sometimes trades people need instant money (poor financial planning) so they will gladly give a discount for immediate cash in hand.

Over many (too many) years I have saved a lot more than 2 to 6% by offering cash and I have been fortunate to have people show up quickly because they know it means cash in hand.

I know, I am an enabler...............................
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TiltonBB For This Useful Post: