View Single Post
Old 05-06-2019, 06:26 AM   #76
ApS

Arrow As I See It...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia View Post
Here's the paragraph i think the numbers came from (bold is mine):

Since April 18, CBP has referred 101 families for suspected fraud to ICE special investigators, a DHS official told reporters Wednesday. Of those, 29 were determined to be fraudulent, resulting in 45 people being referred for prosecution and 33 being accepted by prosecutors. CBP doesn’t have figures yet for April, but in the month prior, 53,077 family units were apprehended at the southern border, placing best estimates for the rate of fraud somewhere below half a percent. That’s in line with a report by BuzzFeed that found about 3,100 people, or 1 percent of all migrants last year, did something that could be considered fraudulent, including lying about being part of a family or saying someone older than 18 was a child.

As I interpret the article the conclusion is there is very little fraud.

Either way, there's a shortage of seasonal workers in the Lakes Region...
Here's that same paragraph with my "bold".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia View Post
Here's the paragraph i think the numbers came from (bold is mine):

Since April 18, CBP has referred 101 families for suspected fraud to ICE special investigators, a DHS official told reporters Wednesday. Of those, 29 were determined to be fraudulent, resulting in 45 people being referred for prosecution and 33 being accepted by prosecutors. CBP doesn’t have figures yet for April, but in the month prior, 53,077 family units were apprehended at the southern border, placing best estimates for the rate of fraud somewhere below half a percent. That’s in line with a report by BuzzFeed that found about 3,100 people, or 1 percent of all migrants last year, did something that could be considered fraudulent, including lying about being part of a family or saying someone older than 18 was a child. As I interpret the article the conclusion is there is very little fraud. Either way, there's a shortage of seasonal workers in the Lakes Region...
If you change the 101 to 100, and the 29 to 30, you'll have the fraud that the acting deputy director proved with DNA testing at his interview.

The rest is "Buzzfeed".

As for a shortage of seasonal workers in the Lakes Region—or California's theme parks—consider February's count crossing the southern border.

February's apprehended count was greater than 76,000. Extrapolating for the year 2019, that'll be nearly a million new workers this year.

The US workforce is 160 million people...BUT...US addictions are killing previously-eligible workers at the rate of 11 per minute, while the increasing rate of undocumented should be filling the gap for seasonal, low-wage, workers.

Shouldn't it follow, logically, that unless the new workers start selling deadly opioids, shouldn't there be an adequate number of workers in the Lakes Region?
ApS is offline   Reply With Quote