View Single Post
Old 03-19-2011, 01:45 PM   #16
Barbara

You need to come back and look at houses again in another month. Once the leaves are back on the trees and the woods fill in, everything you saw will look different. Anything that looked isolated to you will be more so once spring comes. My neighborhood is exactly two miles from the Wolfeboro Inn. We're on a quiet little street with lots of 2 to 3 acres with a few lots of 5 to 7 acres. I can see my neighbors homes on either side of me right now, but once spring is in full bloom, I see nothing but trees and nature from every side of my home. I feel like I'm alone in the country, yet there are neighbors who are also wonderful friends close by.

It takes me less than five minutes to be in the center of town doing whatever I need or want to do there. I live in a very convenient to everything location. For instance, I left my house this AM a few minutes after 10, went downtown and stopped at the bank, the Hallmark Store to buy some cards, and the post office for stamps. I then headed out on Rt. 28 to go to a 10:30 Jazzercise class across from Parson's furniture. Class was over at 11:30, I stopped at the IGA on my way home to pick up a few things and was back home at 11:55. I wouldn't have accomplished all that in that amount of time and distance when I lived in NJ in a community about an hour from NYC!!!!

We're heading to a movie in Gilford this afternoon. It takes us 45 minutes to get there and we'll stop for dinner at Ellacoya Barn and Grille. We don't live in isolation at all, yet I have total privacy and country living in my close to town neighborhood.
Barbara is offline   Reply With Quote