View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 12:24 PM   #47
jmen24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosemite Sam View Post
I wouldn't put a girl scout cookie in my body if my life depended on it!

I support them in other ways but will not buy their cookies.

I'm 6 ft tall, weigh 230 lbs and have a 34 inch waist (and I didn't get that size waist by eating junk food).
I am 5'-11" 148 lbs have a 32 inch waist and have to consume just shy of 5000 calories a day just to maintain weight (and I am not a professional athelete). Cholestoral is great, blood pressure good, rarely get sick. I eat a fair moderation of all food types, I understand that not everyones metabolism works like mine does, but there are many things you can do to start the path and none of them cost money.

Its not what you eat, folks need to seriously get off the couch and do something with themselves. The kids too, want to know why kids are fat and have health issues, they get home from school and park it on the couch and eat a bag of chips, then dinner, then bed, go to school and other than gym and walking to the bus stop they sit all day there as well.

If you golf, leave the cart at the proshop and walk, you don't have to carry but at least walk the course. Talk the dog for a real walk, not the stop sign and back (the dog will love it as well).

People that cannot control their own eating habits are going to cause folks like me to have to starve to death, because the government will be handing out pre-screened food packets, all because they could not say NO.

Save a box of Samoa's for me, live your own life and let the rest of us figure our own out. Really, life is to short.
jmen24 is offline   Reply With Quote